Motivate performance through innovative and decisive leadership
Leadership is about influence. Leaders and their teams need to empower themselves to capitalise on strategic opportunities and mitigate risks across the whole organisation within the bigger business environment.
The Strategic Leadership online programme will build your conceptual capacity for strategic leadership. It will enhance your ability to elevate organisational focus from today’s issues to tomorrow's opportunities and potential risks, cutting across organisational silos.
Who should do this course?
• Mid-level managers and leaders - to gain the knowledge and skills required for analysing business issues, then developing and implementing strategic solutions benefiting the organisation as a whole
• Leaders at any level - to gain insight into business issues and the ability to contribute to strategy formulation and implementation, which could enable promotion opportunities
What will I learn?
This programme offers you tools and models to gain a deeper understanding of the 'organisation-in-the-mind' of the leader and its implications for effective leadership, enabling you, as a leader, to have strategic conversations with your colleagues.
You will gain true leadership skills that cut across traditional silos in the business and create interdisciplinary, even inter-organisational, networks to capitalise on strategic opportunities and resolve strategic issues.
Strategic opportunities might include expansion of the business through internationalisation and risks might include multinational organisations competing with local business. This programme will provide you with insight into internationalisation and defending local businesses against global competition.
The Orientation Module introduces you to the GIBS Online campus, onboards you to the programme and initiates your engagement with the GIBS expert faculty and fellow participants. You have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the programme details, how to approach online learning and the kinds of activities you will encounter during the programme.
Module One - Importance and Competencies of Strategic Leadership for Organisational Performance
- The goal of the module is to introduce you to how contextual variables of strategic leadership assist towards organisational effectiveness.
Module Two - Leading Strategically With Cognitive Competence to Channel Information Flow
- The goal of the module is to familiarise you with how to think strategically.
Module Three - Leading Strategically With Affective and Relational Competence to Build Networks
- The goal of the module is to gain an understanding of how to be intelligently emotional and relational.
Module Four - Leading Strategically With Behavioural Competence
- The goal of the module is to analyse how to use strategically intelligent actions in mapping strategic positioning.
Module Five - Leading Strategically With Conative Competence to Create Energy
- The goal of the module is to learn how to drive your own and others’ strategic leadership motivation.
Module Six - Integration and Leading Strategically in Times of Crisis
- The goal of the module is to learn how to apply strategic leadership in conditions of business-as-usual and in times of crisis.
Throughout the programme, you will have opportunities to test your knowledge, practise application, evaluate your understanding, reflect on your insights and track your improvement with both graded and ungraded assessments.
Module assessments include reflective polls and discussions, multiple-choice quizzes, written assignments and case study applications. You will receive feedback and can discuss ways to improve with GIBS faculty and your peers.