Wield influence and persuasive power
We are all called on to negotiate multiple times daily, in our personal and our professional lives. Regardless of the situation and no matter which level of the organisation you are on, your power to influence others and negotiate outcomes is one of the most important skills you can possess for satisfaction, advancement and even success.
Even if you have incredible ideas, you need to ‘sell’ them to make them effective. The Negotiation Skills online programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills for effective negotiation to drive mutually beneficial outcomes. You will come away with increased confidence in your ability to negotiate by playing to your strengths to build trust and long-term relationships, take the lead and shape the outcomes in ways that bring others along willingly.
This programme will particularly be valuable for middle and senior-level managers and employees who:
- Seek to be more effective in negotiating, convincing or persuading others
- Require general negotiating, convincing or persuading skills that they can use in multiple life and business applications
What will I learn?
You will come away from this programme with:
- Self-awareness that empowers you to negotiate with confidence
- Interpersonal awareness that gives you insight into building trust and developing creative solutions
- Organisational awareness that empowers you, as negotiator, to enrich and shape your argument in a way that is relevant
- Negotiation skills that enable you to take the lead, subtly if necessary, and shape the outcomes in ways that bring others along willingly
- A consciously positive approach to negotiation paving the way for future negotiations
- A proven negotiation process and tools that specifically drive mutual benefit
- Insights into the application of these skills in a remote working environment
The Orientation Module introduces you to the GIBS Online campus, onboards you to the programme and initiates your engagement with the GIBS expert faculty and fellow participants. You have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the programme details, how to approach online learning and the kinds of activities you will encounter during the programme.
Module One - Formidable YOU
Good negotiators know how to read themselves, make the most of their personal strengths and emotions, and build sustainable credibility.
- The goal of the module is to give you the confidence necessary to drive more engagements and build better relationships.
Module Two - Human-centred You
The best negotiators achieve mutually beneficial outcomes that may even transcend win-win outcomes.
- This module gives you insight into different styles and tactics used in negotiation. These can be used to build trust and develop creative solutions.
Module Three - Org-savvy You
In a work context, great negotiators understand the organisational environment that they are negotiating in – politics, culture, strategy and business models all impact the outcome of solution-finding and negotiation.
- The goal of this module is to understand what empowers negotiators to enrich and shape their argument in a way that is relevant.
Module Four - Negotiation Necessities
Top negotiators are skilled at making their perspective understood and, with collaboration, apply just the right amount of pressure to elicit action, ignite interest and convince others of the merits of a perspective.
- This module will enable you to take the lead, subtly if necessary, and shape the outcomes in ways that bring others along willingly.
Module Five - Consciously Positive Negotiation
Skilled negotiators are differentiated by their sincere interest in seeking out value for all negotiating parties.
- This module teaches you to apply negotiation skills that are consciously positive and that find commonality in the outcomes they drive.
Module Six - Negotiation Process for Mutual Benefit
Although every negotiation is unique, strong negotiators reference a proven process and tools to ensure that they maximise the chance of achieving a desirable outcome.
- In this module you learn how to apply and create strategies that result in mutual benefit.
Throughout the programme, you will have opportunities to test your knowledge, practise application, evaluate your understanding, reflect on your insights and track your improvement with both graded and ungraded assessments.
Module assessments include reflective polls and discussions, multiple-choice quizzes, written assignments and case study applications. You will receive feedback and can discuss ways to improve with GIBS faculty and your peers.