Implement an effective digital transformation strategy
In our digital world, all organisations are struggling with similar challenges, globally. Business leaders, managers and executives need the skills to leverage people and infrastructure for success into a digital future.
This Digital Transformation online programme will equip you with the knowledge and workplace application experience to bring your organisation through disruptive change into this digital future.
The programme is aimed at mid to senior level managers and leaders. It will be beneficial for all leaders responsible for driving and implementing:
- Innovation initiatives
- Digital strategies
- Data strategies
- Digital transformation despite obstacles in organisations
- IT transformation from traditional to relevant
What will I learn?
At the end of this programme, you will be better equipped to:
- Formulate and implement a digital strategy for leading organisations through disruption
- Implement new ideas and innovations to increase the competitiveness of organisations by aligning people, data and technology
- Comprehend and respond to the pace of change we are experiencing globally
The workplace application experience you will gain, include:
- Assessment of current IT practices, including data strategy and IT structures
- Workforce readiness assessment
- Agility and adaptability awareness
- Design thinking principles
- Assessment of current and emerging technologies
- Understand basic digital marketing and sales principles
The Orientation Module introduces you to the GIBS Online campus, onboards you to the programme and initiates your engagement with the GIBS expert faculty and fellow participants. You have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the programme details, how to approach online learning and the kinds of activities you will encounter during the programme.
Module One - Digital Transformation
- Driving organisations from the traditional to a digital future
Module Two - A Data Strategy
- The importance of a data strategy to drive organisations from the traditional to a digital future
Module Three - Design Thinking
- Utilising the principles of design thinking to place the customer at the core of digital transformation
Module Four - Agility
- Being agile when placing the customer at the core of digital transformation
Module Five - People and Digital Culture
- Aligning people, data and technology - acknowledging people when leading organisations through disruption in a digital world
Module Six - Digital Ethics
- Investigating various debates revolving around digital ethics
Throughout the programme, you will have opportunities to test your knowledge, practise application, evaluate your understanding, reflect on your insights and track your improvement with both graded and ungraded assessments.
Module assessments include reflective polls and discussions, multiple-choice quizzes, written assignments and case study applications. You will receive feedback and can discuss ways to improve with GIBS faculty and your peers.
During the final module, you will apply what you have learned in a final assignment - developing a business case for digital transformation for an organisation of your choosing.