Generate value through algorithms
The AI in Business online programme aims to demystify AI by enabling you to diagnose, implement, measure and build AI for personal and organisational impact. You will learn how to use AI as a critical lever to improve your individual and organisational competitiveness.
This programme will develop your understanding of what AI is and how it works, no matter how much experience you have of technology, or your level within an organisation.
What will I learn?
The what, why and how of AI in business
- Identify what AI is and what it is not - explore the AI landscape
- Analyse why AI matters - investigate the creation of AI value
- Develop an in-depth understanding of AI and data interaction - the role of data and analytics
- Identify, compose and apply the development of an AI business case
- Evaluate the success of AI projects
- Build an AI powered chatbot
The Orientation Module introduces you to the GIBS Online campus, onboards you to the programme and initiates your engagement with the GIBS expert faculty and fellow participants. You have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the programme details, how to approach online learning and the kinds of activities you will encounter during the programme.
Module One - Demystifying AI
What AI is and why AI, data and analytics matter - creating AI value
- What AI is and what it is not
- Why AI matters
- The role of data and analytics
Module Two - AI in Action
How AI is being used and why
- Integrate AI, data and analytics - co-existence being fundamental to implementing AI
- Identify how AI is being leveraged
- Identify the value of AI
Module Three - AI Impact Within Organisations and Across Sectors
The impact of AI on organisations, in organisations and across sectors
- Analyse the impact of AI
- Analyse AI at a sectoral level
- Analyse AI at the organisational level
Module Four - AI Companies and the Business Case for AI
AI companies and building compelling business cases within organisations
- Identify and evaluate AI companies
- Compose an AI business case
- Apply AI principles within your organisation
Module Five - Measuring AI Success: Metrics That Matter
Evaluating the value of AI within an organisation
- Evaluate how AI creates value - metrics that matter
- Apply value metrics within your context
Module Six - Chatbot and Business Case
Chatbot application assignment
- Design, develop and deploy an AI powered chatbot
- Conceptualise an AI project - the business case for the chatbot
Throughout the programme you will have opportunities to test your knowledge, practise application, evaluate your understanding, reflect on your insights and track your improvement with both graded and ungraded assessments.
Module assessments include reflective polls and discussions, multiple-choice quizzes, written assignments and case study applications. You will receive feedback and can discuss ways to improve with GIBS faculty and your peers.
During the final module you will apply what you have learned by developing your own AI powered chatbot and composing an AI project business case as a final assignment.